This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure here.
Renovating our master bathroom is the next project on our home project list, so I’ve been gathering and saving all sorts of gorgeous bathroom design ideas and inspiration over the past few months.
Since I know many of you have a guest or master bathroom remodel on your list, too, I wanted to share share this collection of beautiful bathrooms with you today in the hope that you’ll find some ideas and inspiration for your own bathroom refresh.
One thing to keep in mind when renovating or designing a bathroom–especially the principal bathroom in your home–is to keep the look timeless and perhaps a bit more classic than the other spaces in your home.
Since you probably don’t want to remodel your bathroom again anytime soon, it’s usually a good idea to avoid anything too trendy and stick to finishes, colors, and fixtures that will stand the test of time. Save the trends for the bedroom and living room, where it’s easier, quicker, and less expensive to update your look when trends or decorating styles change!
65 Beautiful Bathroom Ideas
Whether your preferred design style is clean and classic, modern, coastal, traditional, or somewhere in between, you’re sure to find plenty of inspiration in the beautiful bathrooms below.
I’ve included both classic and modern bathroom ideas, small bathroom ideas, vanity styles and placement, timeless bathroom tile ideas, tub and shower ideas, lighting and sconces, faucets and sinks, principal and master bathrooms, ideas for mixing metals, classic bathroom color palettes, bathroom layouts, bathroom decorating ideas, bathroom wall treatments, and more!
The Brownstone Boys, via Domino
Studio McGee – California Traditional Project (vanity color is Polaris Blue by Benjamin Moore)
Studio McGee – Promontory Project
Rehabitat Interiors – Woodpond Road Project
The Life Styled Co. – Darling Abode Project
Amber Interior Design | Photo by Tessa Neustadt
Clare Kennedy & Mitzi Maynard, via My Domaine
Pinterest – please advise if you know the source
Jenny Keenan Design – Photo by Julia Lynn
Lisa Lev, via House and Home
Here is another view of this space–I love the ribbed detailing on the light wood vanity and cabinet.
Elsie Larson via Glitter Guide
Amanda Barnes, via My Domaine
Tamara Magel, via My Domaine
Jessica Helgerson Interior Design, via Lonny
Jean Stoffer Design – Photo by Stoffer Interior Photography
Get the Look
A few more tips and ideas for designing a timeless bathroom:
- Go with classic finishes like polished nickel, chrome, and brass for faucets and fixtures, but try to stick with classic metal finishes on permanent fixtures like faucets, shower heads and lighting, and use your second (or even third) finish on your bathroom mirrors, drawer and door pulls, towel bars, etc.
- Choose neutral colors like white, gray, blue, black, or light wood for your vanities and linen cabinets.
- Timeless bathroom tile ideas include marble, ceramic, or porcelain tile in classic shades of white and gray. Try to keep tile patterns to a minimum, other than classic hexagonal, Greek key motifs, or something along those lines.
- Choose classic, timeless natural stone options for vanity countertops, keeping in mind that marble might need a bit more care than quartz or quartzite.
- Bring in color and texture with artwork, towels, rugs, window coverings, etc.
- If your bathroom is looking too traditional, add in some modern artwork, a statement light fixture, or new hardware on the vanity to give your space a more modern feel.
I hope you found this post inspiring and helpful, my friends. Have a wonderful day! xo jane
Looking for more bathroom ideas and inspiration? Here are a few related posts from the blog:
A Guide to Mixing Metals in the Bathroom
Our Guest Bathroom Remodel: Before and After
Modern Classic Bathroom Ideas for Our Upcoming Master Bath Remodel
How to Paint Bathroom Cabinets: Easy Step-by-Step Tips
Where to Find Affordable Turkish Oushak Runners – perfect for the bathroom!